Monday, June 28, 2010

Free Fishing Day....

So the first of June I made a trip with the kids to Ephraim to visit my parents. It also happened to be Free Fishing Day over there. There were some fun activities for all my kids (I talk as if I have 2o kids). My kids all got a new backpack with a fishing pole and sunglasses in it. They are really cute starter kits for them. It was really hot and if you know me, know that I don't like fishing. I'm just not a fan of the smell, and the dirt, and sitting in the heat! BUT I am coming to realize that I need/want to expose my kids those kind of activities. Believe it or not, I'm even planning a little camping trip. Camping might be fun for me if we had a camper/trailer, but is camping really considered camping when you have those things? ANYWAY, back to fishing... Cameron took it very seriously and my girls were just more excited to run around when they were not in their strollers. (I will try harder to label the pictures, since everyone is always asking who is who.)
Cameron fishing for a sticky fish to win a prize.

The girls watching carefully at big brother and curious if they were going to get a chance to fish for themselves.

Chrissy's turn.


Kayla's posture is soo funny in this picture to me!

Their cute little prize.

Cameron was thrilled that they had a batman backpack.

Not quite sure why Kayla is crying...

Kayla LOVES her sunglasses.

Cameron chowing down on a hamburger for lunch.

Cameron's face is turned towards me, but not his eyes. He is concentrating too much on fishing! Definitely takes after his Daddy and Papa!

2 comments:

Brian and Megan said...

How cute! I am so proud of you for taking your kids camping. I'm not much of a camper without a trailer either. You really are super mom!

Adam & Ady said...

I totally agree with the camping. Besides girls camp (with port-a-potties and a cabin to brush our teeth in) I have only been once and am kind of dreading when we have to start going for kids and Adam is SO excited for it :) You and I both need a trailer. And YES it is still camping! You are outdoors right?! :) And I LOVE your cuddling pictures of your girls...super cute!