Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ohhh sooo disappointed!!

Quick explanation of pictures because I really need to post the rest of the pictures from our honeymoon. Rory and I were told by several people that some of the museums in Balboa Park were free on Tuesday. We drive down Tuesday morning excited to see all of these cool museums. We walk in to the first museum and the receptionist told us the admission price was $18. I started laughing. Rory and I walked right back out the door. I wasn't about to spend that much money on a museum that I didn't really want to see. We went to an electronic board that showed all the museums that were free that day. We then walked around and FINALLY found the "FREE" museum. Well or so we thought. There was a sign next to the free museum poster saying, "Free For Residents." I was not happy! First off we planned a trip down to San Diego to see some "free" museums and they aren't even free for us. Second off it was HOT and if you know me then you know I get pretty cranky when I am hot! Third off, I thought I was off the hook with touring museums, until Rory decided that he wanted to go tour a ship museum called the USS MIDWAY. Rory was stoked about this and it was his idea! And again, if you know me then you know that I am not at all into history! So not only did we have to spend money to see this museum, we toured it for almost 3 hours. I'm still hoping that I can get those 3 hours back!!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying being with Rory this trip, but honestly this museum was pushing the limit! Pics from that will be coming! (Can you tell that I'm still a little bitter about it?)

Anyway most these pictures below are some of the places we thought we could go, yet couldn't! :( I thought we might as well try to have some fun with being here!













No comments: