Sunday, January 25, 2009

Never, Never, Never gonna be on time......

I now understand why families with children are usually late to church on a weekly basis! We live maybe 2 minutes from church. I use to leave in enough time to get to church on time. I was getting tired of not going to church as a family(Rory and I would take turns taking Cameron), so we decided to go as a family today. And I cannot believe how exhausting it was to get everyone fed, dressed, and in the car! We left early enough to get there on time (so I thought), until we walked in during the opening hymn. And of course the ONLY seat available was at the very front of the chapel, on the opposite side of where we came in. So here we are trekking in two humongous car seats, two diaper bags, and a toddler. I'm sure we made QUITE the entrance.
And if you are wondering why we have two diaper bags, I have one for the twins and Cameron thinks he needs his own. Rory got his diaper bag all packed before church and when he went to grab it, Cameron managed to put 4 more juices in and his remote control car. What a Character!

6 comments:

Luke and Mary said...

I can't even imagine! I have been having a hard time making it by 9:00 with just one kid! I don't know how I'm going to handle a baby in the mix let ALONE 2!!! I'm just impressed you made it by the hymn.

Aaron [air] said...

Getting out as a family is IMPOSSIBLE some days. Honestly everyone always asks "where are the girls" when I am out at the store, bank, etc. I almost always say "at home with daddy"

I used to take one out with me to give them one on one time but am finding its faster to go alone. So nap time is my errand running/grocery shopping time usually. I think you are a very brave woman taking all 3 to church. Kudos to you. Youre such a good mama!

By the way.....loved the photos of Cam with his fingers under the door. We go through that sometimes and on a good night Ella will start slipping her books under the door at us or knock on the door and she and Cody will knock back and forth for a minute. The little things kids do huh??

Beaner said...

Amy & Rory,
Good for you for trying. Your family is so cute! I am so happy for you. Oh and the picture of your parents with all the grandkids on Kim's blog is so Cute. You mom is adorable. Sorry that I look at your blog and you might not me to.
Pam

Me said...

Now that church is at 9 we are always a little late. I try so hard, but it is impossible to have us all ready in time. The girls look so cute in their matching dresses. Connor loves Cars too. You will have to bring Cameron over one day to play. They would have a blast.

BRITTANY said...

I will have to agree...I have a hard time just with one kid...well come to think of it Derek and I had a hard time being on time just with the two of us! One of our goals this year has been to be on time...so far we have been...lets see if we can keep it up!

Brian and Megan said...

I'm sure that all the people that saw you making your entrance thought "what a cute little family!!" At least that is what I would think!