Monday, April 20, 2009

Insomnia....

You are probably asking yourself, Why did I just post soooo many posts? It is called INSOMNIA! For the past few weeks I have been sooo exhausted, but for some reason I can not get to sleep at night. All the kids are in bed by 9:30-10:00, husband in bed by 10:00. I do my routinely looking at my DVR shows to decide what to watch each night. Get the ice cream out to melt a little bit so I can dish myself a bowl of ice cream. I know it is definitely not the healthiest choice, but I need my calcium, right? I have been taking Tylenol PM, but with me nursing I am not sure if that is the healthiest thing for me... In fact, gonna call my doctor tomorrow to make sure it is okay. I have also tried some herbal teas that is suppose to calm your nerves, but that doesn't work. I can go to bed, yet I lay there for a good 2 hours of tossing and turning. I just wish I had an on/off switch and I could turn my brain off for a few hours to get some sleep. One of these days, right? You would think that I would be wiped out from a fun filled day of crying, boogers, diaper changing, potty training, spit up, and working out, and trust me I am. Just wish I could find a secret to getting to sleep. If anyone has any ideas, please share! I'm open for suggestions! Kinda weird posting a post without a picture! I guess that is the point of blogging sometimes... I'm gonna go lay in bed and ATTEMPT to go to sleep, cross my fingers, right?

4 comments:

Brian and Megan said...

Amy I'm so sorry. I cant believe that you can't sleep. I wish I had some suggestion for you but I don't. Sometimes I go in phases where I don't sleep as well as others but I have never had it go on for long. I did enjoy all your posts though. You have such cute kids. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Anonymous said...

Do you like to read? You can try to read a little bit in bed, it always makes me tired. I know this sounds weird, but there is this CD that is for meditation before bed, I have never tried it, but Bobby said it works.

Me said...

Ugh, that is so hard. I feel so bad you can't get to sleep. When you come visit this weekend you should bring me your kids and go to your mom's and catch up on your sleep! I would love to see the kids and Connor would love to have a new friend.

Dunn4 said...

I feel like a blog stalker....but thru a round about way I got to your blog. I can't believe how cute your kiddo's are. I can tell the twins apart too, but they both look like your dad in some way. So glad you are doing good and what a darling family you have! Rita D.